Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DIY Glitter Soles! Make your wedding shoes SHINE!

It's Tuesday-Shoesday at White Blossom, and this is one you certainly do not want to miss! After coming across this in my weekly wedding trend perusing, I knew it was something I had to share with all of you lovelies. This is one way to make your Wedding Shoes SHINE, without overdoing it! Take a look! :]


1. Here's what you need! Loose Glitter, Sponge Brushes and Decoupage! Martha Stewart has a special place in my heart, and I have always sworn by her products. However, you can certainly use Modge Podge or Tacky Glue, and any brand of glitter if you'd like. 


2. Mix Glue and Glitter






3. Start painting the Glitter/Glue combo onto the sole of the Shoe. To be safe, you can use painters tape around the edge, just to ensure you don't make a mess of the shoe :] After you brush the glitter/glue on, sprinkle on the loose glitter. 

How I Pimped out My Wedding Shoes :  wedding diy havre de grace shoes tutorial Dsc 23201 DSC_23201How I Pimped out My Wedding Shoes :  wedding diy havre de grace shoes tutorial Dsc 233 DSC_233



4. Lastly, Touch-up! Take a small paint brush with the glitter/glue and touch up the edges! And after all the sparkles have dried, it is important that you put a layer of clear sealant over the sole. This can be done with Martha's decoupage or Modge Podge! I would even suggest getting paint on glitter. It has been a great sealer in many of my glitter-fied projects! (Martha makes the best!)





Before/After! Fabulous, Righttttt?!!!!



All Photos Courtesy of
weddingbee.com

I hope you all enjoyed this little bit of DIY-fun! :] We would love to see your attempts at this fabulous project! Keep us posted!

1 comment:

  1. These look great, and pretty much what I have in mind with my wedding shoes. Quick questions though:
    Did the glitter last when you wore them?
    Were they slippery or hard to walk with because of the glitter?

    Thank you & Kudos on the project, they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete